Though we swoon in the magic of Autumn, and let October kiss our hair, we have to admit, too, that there's also something spooky in its air.
And I like the thrill and the chill.
Our Way Comes!
This week, I have a list of creepy children's books characters (from picture books to novels), and I hope you scream in with yours:
* My hair-raising-meter doesn't work due to the plunging temperature from the icy glares in the room as I type. (So you know, these evil characters are not listed in any particular order.)
- Captain Hook (J.M. Barrie's PETER PAN)
- White Witch (C.S. Lewis's THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA)
- White-Bone Demon & Other Demons (Chinese Classic JOURNEY TO THE WEST)
- Wicked Witch of the West (L. Frank Baum's THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ)
- Grand High Witch (Roald Dahl's THE WITCHES)
- Miss Trunchbull (Roald Dahl's MATILDA - The way she forced a boy to eat all that chocolate cake really made its mark on me.)
- Cruella de Vil (Dodie Smith's 101 DALMATIANS)
- Medusa (Greek Mythology)
- The Other Mother (Neil Gaiman's CORALINE)
- The Man Jack (Neil Gaiman's THE GRAVEYARD BOOK - If you haven't read the book, you might want to check out this video reading the author did on his book tour http://www.mousecircus.com/videotour.aspx)
- Mr. Hyde (Robert Louis Stevenson's DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE - I never got out of imagining the Juggernaut trampling on a child's body ...)
Who else? Who else? Please SCREAMMMM in.
Grab My Button!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.carryusoffbooks.com/blog.html" title="CarryUsOff Books" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.weebly.com/uploads/5/6/8/1/5681205/5653609_orig.jpg" alt="CarryUsOff Books" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Hey, I'm Claudine. Welcome!
Want to know what children's stories can inspire & lead to?
by Kate Hanney
Really enjoyed the honest voice of this narrator ~ a teenager let down by his mother and the foster care system, and almost-picked up through his involvement with a gang.